Benefits of pilates
- > For anyone looking to improve core stability
- > Improves posture and alignment
- > In back pain or neck pain – helps to reduce pain and improve stability, flexibility and quality of movement.
- > Aids recovery from an injury. Specific areas can be targeted to restore muscle balance and flexibility after an injury.
- > Restoring tone and control Post natal. The deep abdominal muscles and pelvic floor form part of the cylinder of core muscles. These need specific strengthening post natal.
- > Helps with Osteoporosis. Pilates will strengthen your spine, improve your movement and balance. Good balance is essential in falls prevention. The use of theraband for resisted arm and leg exercises in class is an excellent way to boost bone density.
- > For those who have always wanted to try Pilates but are concerned that they may not be able for the level of the class. Clinical Pilates is controlled and well supervised with small class sizes and a relaxed atmosphere where you can ask questions about your body or any of the exercises.
- > If you are working at a desk or PC and want to strengthen the supporting muscles around the shoulder blade and neck area. Many of the warm up exercises are designed to move you out of tight postures and restore free movement to the neck, shoulders and arms, improving posture and reducing pain.
Sheenagh Sexton Pilates
Clinical Pilates, Killiney & Foxrock, Co Dublin Tel: 086 8398547 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheenagh Sexton Physio
Physiotherapy & Acupunture
Court Clinic, Cornelscourt, Dublin 18 Tel:01 2897321